25 things I did before turning 25
April 28, 2014 § 2 Comments
Wow! 25 years may not seem long but I am beginning to feel the age I am. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing because I have accomplished a lot of things before turning 25. Some of these things may seem silly to some but it’s a big deal to me. I am proud of all the items I have accomplished and can’t wait to see what the next 25 years of my life has in store. I have some hopes and dreams for what’s next. I have learned in my short lifespan that things don’t always happen when we want them to nor do they happen the way we plan for them to happen. I am happy though. I have gotten to do some pretty cool things in my life.
Here is the list:
- I have been to three different countries, Canada, Mexico and Bahamas
- I have lived in three different states Kentucky, Oklahoma and California
- I have stepped foot in both the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean
- I graduated high school
- I graduated college
- I got married
- I owned my own car
- I have been to Niagara Falls
- I stood on top of a mountain in the Great Smoky Mountains
- I went to the Grand Canyon
- I was published. (TulsaPeople Magazine; feel free to look it up)
- I meet some famous people including: Richard Petty, Jeff Gordan, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown and a few others.
- I have been to 17 different states (not including places I have lived): Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, South Carolina, New York, Maine, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Arkansas and Nebraska.
- I have explored a cave (Mammouth Cave in Kentucky).
- I have been to a number of concerts including Switchfoot, Relient K, Alan Jackson, Coldplay, Ben Rector and a few more.
- I have been to both Disney World (Florida) and Disneyland (California)
- I have flown on a plane; I didn’t do that for the first time until I was 18.
- I have road tripped all over with family and friends.
- I have shot a gun at a gun range.
- I have been on television shows: Guinness World Records Gone Wild and King of the Nerds (season 1).
- I got adopted by my wonderful second mom, Dusty.
- I became a bigger sister to the best little brother, Luke.
- I got to rent my first apartment with my husband, Patrick.
- I have had some songs and poems written in my honor thanks to the husband.
- I decided to be a Christ follower.
Now, this list is in no particular order. I feel privileged to have had so many awesome opportunities like these in my life so far. Here’s to the next 25 years. I can only hope get to do so many amazing things.